🎓 International admissions | Universitat Abat Oliba CEU

International admission process Degree studies

International admissions process

Abat Oliba CEU University carries out its own admissions process 100% online, in addition to the PAU or any other official university entrance exams. This process will assess candidates’ skills and aptitudes in relation to their chosen degree programme. It is based on an online admissions test* which must be taken in parallel to the selectivitat exam and which can be taken before the PAU exams.

*Students who have obtained a mark equal to or higher than 8 in the first year of the baccalaureate will be exempt from the admissions tests.


You can apply for a place using the Prospective Student Portal. The portal will ask you for your personal and academic details and will ask you to take the online entrance test. 



You will have to take an admissions test that is 100% online and free of charge, which includes a general culture questionnaire and a test of your knowledge related to the degree programme you are applying for.

If you opt for a bilingual degree, you will additionally be asked to take an online English language test.


In order to be pre-admitted to UAO CEU, you must have uploaded the following supporting documentation to the portal:

  • photocopy of ID card/NIE or passport
  • school certificate of baccalaureate grades (those of the 1st year and the partial marks of the 2nd year up to the moment of making your application) or of the CFGS

In case of applying for access from another university degree, you will need to send an official copy of your academic transcript (CAP). The copy must be duly stamped by the university of origin and all the syllabuses corresponding to the subjects taken must be attached.


The University will inform you of the result of the admissions test within a maximum period of one week by email, SMS and also by letter.

To find out the status of your application at any time, you can enter the Prospective Student Portal and go to the option consult your admissions process.



If your application has been accepted, you will be able to reserve your place at Abat Oliba CEU University. This reservation guarantees a place at the UAO CEU while waiting to pass the EVAU or other entrance requirements*, whether it be passing the PAU, obtaining the CFGS certificate or any other established requirement.

The reservation fee is €1,500, which is deducted from the total amount of the tuition fee for the first year. You will be able to pay to reserve your place online, on the Prospective Student Portal. You can also pay by credit card, or by bank deposit, using a self-settlement form that can be presented at any CaixaBank or Banco Santander branch.

*The reservation fee may be refunded if the student does not meet all the requirements established by current legislation for entry into the Spanish university system.


Students have until 30 June to cancel their reserved place. This means you can book now and cancel if your circumstances change later on.**

**Deadline subject to changes in the official registration calendar


If you wish to apply for a study grant, you must do so within the period indicated in the pre-admission letter. It is very important you do not miss this deadline in order to be able to apply for your scholarship or study grant.


Once you have completed the studies that give you access to university, you will have to provide proof of completion by uploading the following documentation (through the Prospective Student Portal):

  • Photocopy of the baccalaureate or equivalent.
  • Certificate of “homologated” studies or provisional homologation, UNED credential, CFGS certificate or equivalent. Homologation refers to the process of having your studies carried out in another country officially recognised in Spain.

Once you have completed all the above procedures, you will receive your admission credential by email, SMS and a letter to your home address. This admission credential will inform you of the procedure for formalising your enrolment at Abat Oliba CEU University online.



Abat Oliba CEU University offers its international students an exclusive package of services to make their arrival in Barcelona and incorporation into the University as comfortable and easy as possible.

Hospitality services for undergraduate students:



You will receive assistance and support throughout the process of accreditation of your pre-university studies in the Spanish system.


We manage and support you throughout the process until you obtain your Foreign National Identity Number (NIE) necessary to live in Spain.


We will arrange an appointment for you at the bank to open a bank account in your name.


You will receive a SIM card with a Spanish number.



This service is not optional and is paid together with the reservation of your place. The package costs 500 euros and includes all the services mentioned above. Once the service has been paid for, the fee can no longer be refunded*.

*If you cancel the service before June 30 you will receive a 30% refund..

**If your visa application is rejected, you will receive a 50% refund. You must present a certified document showing that your visa application was rejected.

- If the fee has not been paid and the receipt of the homologation application has not been provided, the €500 fee will be refunded..

- In case the homologation fee has been paid, but the application process has not been registered, 290 Euros will be refunded. - When the homologation application process has been registered, a refund of 120 Euros will be made. In addition, the homologation credential will be sent to both the university and the student as soon as it is issued.

- In the event that the visa is refused, but the homologation has been applied for, the refund will be 120 euros. The homologation credential will be sent to the university and to the student after issuance.

- If the visa is refused and the approval has not been applied for, the €500 fee will be refunded..


How can I sign up to this service?

If you are interested in accessing the Hospitality package, you must first start the admission process in your degree of interest and successfully complete it. Once you have been pre-admitted, you can pay for it together with your reserved place in a single payment. Our Academic Information and Guidance service will then contact you.



We help you find your accommodation by contacting our providers: rooms in university residences, residence halls or flat shares.


If you need to apply for a student visa to study in Barcelona, we will send you your Letter of Admission by courier.


We offer you advantageous conditions when you take out private health insurance..


Information and academic guidance

Universitat Abat Oliba CEU

Teléfono: +34 93 253 72 00

WhatsApp: +34 91 106 24 73

E-mail: [email protected]


Located in the north-east of Spain, Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia and Spain’s leading economic area. The city’s population is more than 1.5 million inhabitants, while the number of inhabitants in Catalonia as a whole is more than 7 million.

Thanks to its location on the shores of the Mediterranean, it enjoys a gentle climate , with pleasant temperatures all year round.

Barcelona is a modern, cosmopolitan city with lots to do. The city is just the right size, and is very people-friendly.

Abat Oliba CEU University is located in the upper part of Barcelona, in a district that offers plenty of quiet spaces, perfect for learning and studying. The city is home to other universities, as well as plenty of other facilities and green areas close to the Collserola mountain range.

Practical information about Barcelona:

In addition, here are some suggestions for you to enjoy all the leisure and culture on offer in Barcelona:

How to get to the University?


Buses 60, 196 and 123 (Bus del Barri) stop at the gates of our university. There are also other lines with stops nearby: 22, 30, 58, 64, 66, 17, 73 and 75.

Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya

The nearest Ferrocarrils Catalans station is L7 Avinguda Tibidabo (from here you can walk to the university in 10 minutes).

Health insurance

If you are a student from a European Economic Area country (EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and you are entitled to social security in your home country, you must apply for a European Health Insurance Card (which replaces the E-111 or E-128 form). This form is issued by the public health authorities in your country and entitles you to healthcare benefits in Spain.

If you are a student from a country that does not belong to the European Economic Area, you will need to find out if there is a medical agreement between the social security system of your country and the Spanish one (this is the case of some Latin American countries). If such an agreement exists, you will have to contact the public health authorities in your country to apply for the corresponding document and thus be entitled to healthcare benefits in Spain.

If you are a student who does not fall into any of the above categories, you will need to take out private health insurance to cover you during your stay in Catalonia. We recommend that you ask your insurance company for a document (if possible in Spanish, Catalan, English or French), stating this policy coverage.

Healthcare system

Barcelona has one of the best healthcare systems in Europe and the world. The public healthcare system is universally accessible and free of charge, and has two main channels:

  • The primary care centres (CAP). They offer free healthcare for any illness or vaccination. You are assigned to a specific CAP based on your address. You will also have access to pharmacies. You should know that there are several pharmacies in Barcelona open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and most of them are open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
  • Public hospitals. As a foreign student, you should only go to a hospital in case of a real emergency. For common illnesses you should go to the CAP.
Cost of living

In order to help you budget your stay, we provide you with an estimate of monthly costs. Accommodation: €300 – €500 in a shared flat, or from €700 to €1,400 in a student residence. Meals: € 200. Transport: € 50. Other expenses: € 200

Banks and credit cards

Barcelona has an extensive network of bank branches (usually open mornings and Thursday afternoons) and cash machines available 24 hours a day. Please note that in order to open a bank account you must first obtain your NIE identity card.


UAO CEU provides free Wi-Fi access to all its international students. You can obtain your username and password from Academic Management.

In addition, the city of Barcelona has an open Wi-Fi network, with more than 700 connection points throughout the city. No prior registration is required to access Barcelona WiFi. By connecting through these points you have direct access to city maps, transport guides and useful information from Barcelona City Council.

Calendar and holidays

Various festivities are celebrated throughout the year. Some are held all throughout Spain, others only in Catalonia, and still others at the municipal level. All international students receive the academic calendar, which specifies these holidays, prior to their arrival in the city.

Schedules and habits will often differ from those of other cultures. For example:

  • Shops and businesses are open Monday to Saturday afternoons, although there are plenty of bakeries and grocery stores open on Sundays throughout the city.
  • Shops are normally open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Department stores or shops in the centre of Barcelona stay open at midday and usually close some time between 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
  • The following meal times are customary:
    - Breakfast: between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
    - Lunch: from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. (main meal of the day)
    - Dinner: from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
  • Restaurants and hotels offer longer opening hours. Moreover, in any bar in the city you can enjoy the typical tapas at any time of day or night.
  • Working hours: as a general rule, a standard working day starts around 8 or 9 a.m., with a lunch break between 2 and 4 p.m., and ends between 6 and 7:30 p.m., depending on the time spent at lunch.
Other interesting websites


Frequently asked questions for international students

How can I apply for a place at the Abat Oliba CEU University?

You can apply for a place through the Future Student Portal , on the University’s website.

Do I need to wait until the end of the academic year to start the admissions process?

No. The admissions process opens in November and we ask you for your academic grades from the previous academic year.

What does the admissions test involve?

It’s a free online test specific to each degree.

Do I need to travel to the university to start the admissions process?

No. The admissions process is entirely online. If we need to interview you, we can do this either online or in person.

Do I need a specific baccalaureate option to access each degree?

You don’t need to have studied a specific baccalaureate option to access our degrees but because of the subjects of the various degrees, some options are more suitable than others.

Do I need to have an average grade for admission?

No, the admissions criteria mainly assess the results of the admissions tests.

How do I reserve my place?

If your admission has been favourable, you will be able to pay the reservation fee. This reservation guarantees your place at the UAO CEU until you finish your entrance studies.

How do I enrol?

Once you’ve passed the admissions process, after providing the required documentation you will receive your admissions credential to formalise your online enrolment.

How can I make arrangements to come to Spain to study?

The UAO CEU Hospitality Service is entirely at your disposal to help you settle in Barcelona. This service includes: homologation of documentation, visa documentation, foreigner’s identity document, accommodation assistance, among other services.
Further informationn

What documentation will I have to provide to enrol?


  • If you are a student from EU member states: Original certificate issued by UNED for admission to Spanish universities (credencial UNEDasiss).
  • If you are a student from a non-EU member state: Document certifying that you have applied for homologation.
  • If you are a student who has already started university studies, you must submit an accrediting certificate from your university of origin.


What is the UNEDasiss Accreditation?

The UNEDasiss Accreditation is a digital certificate that allows students who have studied in European Union education systems to participate in university admissions processes in Spain. You can apply online through the UNEDasiss website.

What is the homologation of qualifications?

The homologation of foreign qualifications, diplomas or non-university studies involves the declaration of equivalence with qualifications of the current Spanish education system.
It is an essential requirement to access university in Spain if you come from a non-EU member state.

What is the Hague Apostille?

It is a unique legalisation procedure for university degrees that gives them legal validity in many countries without the need for further authentication.

How many subjects do I have to enrol on in the first year?

As a general rule, students must enrol on all first-year subjects.

What grants or scholarships are available?

We have an extensive programme of grants for all undergraduate degrees. You can apply for Grants based on academic merit or for Grants based on financial and personal circumstances.
Further informationn

What are the payment or financing options?

Once your place has been reserved, you will be able to pay the remaining amount of your course fees by means of a single payment or payment in instalments. In addition, we provide you a Personalized Financial Plan through various special bank financing agreements with special conditions.
Further informationn

How much should I budget for my first year at the Abat Oliba CEU University?

The UAO CEU has developed a cost calculator that you can use to calculate an estimate of the cost of your first year at the UAO CEU according to your needs. A convenient and simple way to know at all times what it means for you and your family to come here to study at the UAO CEU.
Further informationn

Where can I stay?

The Abat Oliba CEU University provides accommodation grants for new students through its own agreements with university residences, halls of residence or shared flats.
Further informationn

What are ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits?

Among the measures taken when creating the European Higher Education Area was the establishment of the European Credit and Accumulation Transfer System (ECTS) for official undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.

This system assesses the number of hours students dedicate to the study activity. This activity, which is between 25 and 30 hours per credit, includes the time dedicated to class hours, study hours, tutorials, seminars, assignments, internships, projects and the time required for exam preparation and sitting the exams.

The advantage of ECTS credits is that, as the unit of measurement is the same in all universities in the new European Higher Education Area, it makes it easier to compare the study load of the degrees, facilitating student mobility and recognition of their studies.


If I have difficulties in my studies, who can I ask for help?

As soon as you enrol at the Abat Oliba CEU University, you are assigned a tutor. If you experience difficulties during your studies, you can contact your tutor, who can guide you, help you improve your academic performance and facilitate your participation in university life.

You can also count on the support of the Psychological Support Service.


Can I go on an international mobility programme to another university?

We have more than 135 agreements with overseas universities in 35 countries so that students can enjoy international mobility within the European Commission’s Erasmus + Programme or through a Bilateral Exchange Agreements signed between the UAO CEU and other overseas universities.
Further informationn

Do studies include internships?

All degrees include compulsory external internships in their curricula that enable students to apply and compliment the knowledge they acquire in their academic training, favouring their future employment.
There are two types of internship, which you can manage through the Careers and Internships Service.

  • External curricular internships (practicum): these programmes are included in the curricula.
  • External extracurricular internships (voluntary): these programmes are not included in the curricula.